Board of Directors
In the Schools
It is the policy of CVEC to provide reliable and affordable energy and energy services to its industrial, commercial, and residential members. Furthermore, this policy is consistent with CVEC’s business objectives of making financially sound and timely investments in the capital infrastructure of the Cooperative to ensure the reliable delivery of energy and energy services to its members.
The CVEC Power Supply Strategic Plan
contains Ten Supporting Goals:
1. Provide for power supply that is diverse in fuel sources, geographic location, and risk profile.
2. Develop a power supply approach that will avoid a significant (40% to 60%) sudden rate increase.
3. Partner in new generation facilities using proven technologies, when cost effective.
4. Avoid projects using unproven technology.
5. Consider formula rate contracts with partners that have generation fleets with diverse fuel sources.
6. Avoid all-requirements, lifetime (30 years or more) commitments that allow others to make all of the power supply decisions for CVEC members.
7. Implement a power supply portfolio according to the directives of the CVEC Power Supply Strategic Plan.
8. Implement an energy hedging strategy according to the directives of the CVEC Power Supply Strategic Plan and that complies with its Risk Management Controls.
800 Cooperative Way
Arrington, VA 22922
Dept. 1340 | PO Box 2153
Birmingham, AL 35287-1340
P. O. Box 247
Lovingston, VA 22949