Many Co-op members select a dusk-to-dawn lighting option. Attached to a wooden utility pole, these lights are commonly appreciated whether in the farm yard or back yard.
Many Co-op members select a dusk-to-dawn lighting option.
Attached to a wooden utility pole, these lights are commonly appreciated whether in the farm yard or back yard.
But CVEC also offers decorative lighting options, both commercial/functional and attractive residential choices.
Pay one monthly rate after installation and your Co-op takes care of the rest.
- High-quality, decorative light fixtures
- 14-foot poles for residential
- 30-foot poles for commercial
- Improve safety and convenience
- Reduce crime and enjoy peace of mind
- Enhance the appearance of business and pedestrian areas
- Dusk-to-dawn for one monthly rate
- CVEC replaces the bulb!
WHAT YOU DO:
- Download the Residential Street Light Application here.
- Contact CVEC to express interest.
- Schedule a site visit with a staking technician.
- Complete the application, including make a fixture selection.
- Approve the site design and cost estimate.
- Open & close a trench for wire between existing transformer and light fixture.
WHAT CVEC DOES:
- Visits the site.
- Discusses fixture and location options.
- Provides an application.
- Provides a sketch and installation cost estimate based upon length of service wire and any necessary equipment.
- Receives fees and approved sketch.
- Schedules installation.
- Provides wire. Delivers and installs pole and light fixture. Connects to transformer.
CVEC-certified excavators should be hired to bury the wire and fill the trench prior to the CVEC installation, saving time and money.
One Monthly Rate*:
- 100 Watt HPS Security | $9.25
- 100 Watt HPS Lexington Post Top | $12.94
- 150 Watt HPS Shoebox | $19.64
- 250 Watt HPS Shoebox | $22.65
- 100 Watt HPS Traditional Post Top | $14.25
- 150 Watt HPS Traditional Post Top | $15.70
- 400 Watt HPS Flood | $18.14
- 400 Watt MH Flood | $18.77
* Total 30-day monthly cost before county tax and monthly power cost adjustment
(NOTE: We can install only the Shoebox light in Albemarle County.)